Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tag...you're it


Misti (who is no longer my favorite youngest sister) tagged me. I hated that game when I was a kid because I was too slow and always got out, so bad memories swirl through my brain as I do this. I guess I have to post 5 random facts about myself and then force some of my unsuspecting used-to-be-but-hate-me-now friends to do the same. I literally don't have many friends with blogs, so I'm tagging people without blogs...they can post their trivia as comments to this blog.


1. I love pens. I love pens more than jewelry. You can never have enough and doesn't feel wonderful when someone asks for a pen and you can, with out an ounce of hesitation, produce one. You can be a hero everyday.


2. I have one kidney. This is why I only have 2 children (that and the fact if I take one more step toward insanity I"ll be locked in the looney bin). No...I didn't donate it, but thanks for rubbing it in my face that is never possible. No...I wasn't born that way (I heard you call me deformity behind my back). No....it didn't fall out when I was riding horses (so I may have used that excuse before to avoid horses...don't judge). Boringly enough, it just didn't work and started jealously attacking my other kidney, so the doctors took it out when I was 5 months old.


3. I can pop my ear and it is so cool. I should be on the David Letterman show. It's one of those talens you can't hide under a bushel...it needs to be shared. I'm not afraid to show it off either.


4. I love honey, but I hate bees. I feel kind of bad about that because I know I wouldn't be able to have bread and honey for breakfast every morning with out the bees, but bees are mean and not too bright. Hello...you sting me (ouch) and then you die. Smart thing to do: DON'T STING ME. Duh!


5. I don't speak another language and that just makes me mad. You want to know why? Well, when I was in high school you had to take a second language or you could take shorthand. Guess what I chose...shorthand. Guess how much I remember of it? Very, very little....although I was awesome at the time. That was also the class where my teacher told me I had mousy hair. So, not only can I not speak anything but English, I have to speak it with hair the color of dirty dishwater (until I color it...vanity wins again).


Hmmm...who can I hound for answers? Well...I don't have enough friends to jeopardize those relationships, but family has to love you no matter what. So...DJ, Kelli, Mom, Mom Lott, and Grandma Curtis....YOU ARE IT...Love you!

2 comments:

Lott said...

Here is my Mom's Tag responses:

So here are five random facts:
1. I was the shortest one in my family- including parents, siblings,
husband
and children. But now we have Khanyi- so I am not the shortest anymore!
2. I have lived on the same block for 39 of my almost 55 years.
3. I have had two Mustangs in my life. First, Fred and I owned a brand
new
lime green Mustang in 1971. Now, all these years later we actually own
an
older version. We have a white 1965 Mustang. It's beautiful, in great
condition and has only had two other owners. Anybody want to buy a car?
4. I just quit my last job, after working out of the home for 16 years.
The
weird thing is during that time I have had the title "Coordinator"
three
times. I didn't know you could be a professional coordinator, but I
guess
that is what I am- or was anyway.
5. It took me 10 years to get my college degree. I have a BS in
Sociology,
with a concentration in Social Work, a minor in Psychology and an AS in

Human Services. No wonder the only job I could get was that of a
"coordinator"!

Betty said...

1,I was the baby of the family ,and loved it.
2,I wanted a exciting life and always said I didnt care what happened I didnt want to be bored-lived to regret that.
3 ,my family was always the most important thing in my life.
4,I love to travel ,but havent been able to do much ,have always wanted to go to venice.
5,reading has been my greatest comfort in life ,someone said "books alow me to be places where i cant go"so true ,my first memories are of mom taking me to the library ,and its still one of my favorite places .a book was always my favorite gift
6,I am living in a 75 yr old body --but everywhere else I am young:)
7,age has its rewards ,such as just writting 7comments