Monday, October 29, 2007

Fabulous Monday


I love Mondays, really....I do. I thought I would share some fun news on the Lott homefront. Yesterday we got a phone call letting us know Cooper took one of the top two spots in a national program called Reflections. This is an art contest and Cooper entered the rainbow photo. He will be honored at his school and his photo will go on to district competition.
Today I also started to hear good things from my 5th graders. On Friday I didn't go in and I guess some of them were asking where I was. One of them told my mentor teacher she thought I was going to make a really good teacher. Then, today one little girl came up and asked if I was teaching Math tomorrow. I told her I was done teaching math for this semester and would just continue teaching writing. She told me she wished I was teaching Math. Lots of the students came to me for help today as well...so I felt pretty darn happy about that.
Finally, I registered for my last semester as an undergraduate today. It felt odd. It was much less exciting that registering usually is for me. I can't believe I'm getting closer to my goal.

5 comments:

adorable pearsons said...

You might be the only person I know that gets depressed because they are graduating! So glad the kids like you and so glad you are done with math. YEAH COOPS- We hope you get some cool prizes! ps Check my blog

Ashley Wray said...

Love the picture! Congrats Cooper, that is really exciting! And congrats to Leslie! One semester left, and then you're done! I love it when good things happen on a Monday, because if they don't, it's kind of a crappy day :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs Lott its Niki (Thares) Wells that is so exciting about Cooper tell him great job on the pic. Congrats on almost graduating! Love the Wells

Lott said...

Niki,

I can't believe you called me Mrs. Lott. That is just wrong!

Hope you are lovin' life! Say hi to your family for me. Feel free to give them this blog site if they are bored and need someone to laugh at!

E-llo said...

Way to go Cooper! That is so awesome! I am so excited for you to be almost done with school. I totally get being a little sad about it. I think you are going to be an awesome teacher!