Sunday, October 21, 2007

October 21, 2007


This week has flown by and one of the highlights was my friend Marie's surprise birthday party (planned by her husband). We got to her in-laws house about fifteen minutes before Marie & Tyson showed up. Here's the thing...anytime I can hide, I'm happy. I know that's weird, but I love hiding. So, we hid in the dark and when Marie came downstairs we jumped up and yelled surprised. She didn't look very happy, so I think the plan worked. Tyson put on a nice Goodwood feast with the yummiest cake ever (I couldn't eat it that night, but I had it for breakfast today and yesterday). And get this: he wrote a poem for her and read it. Don't be disheartened, there's still time for us...we aren't dead yet. Then we played games, looked at Marie's childhood photo book (she had a little bit of a conniption fit over that until we found out it was the edited photo book...now we all want to see the other one), karoakied (not me), and a few people humored me with a sock slide contest on the hardwood. I lost...never playing with them again. Thanks Marie & Tyson for the great night!
Cooper & I went to my cousin Dain's birthday party at one of those wild arcade places. It was nuts, an adult's nightmare but a child's dream come true. I've also been teaching in my 5th grade classroom this week. You know that show "Are you smarter than a 5th grader"? I'm working on it. I'm only teaching math & writing, but it is so much work. I spend hours on creating lesson plans and gathering materials. If you think teachers work 8-4pm M-F and get summers off...wrong answer! I love teaching but I get overwhelmed with lesson planning.
On a serious note, I have a question to pose to all of you who read this blog. There is a certain young teen girl I know who is beautiful (truly), talented (smart, a runner, etc.), and kind but who is highly critical of herself. It pains me to see her like this and I really want her to get some perspective on how all the rest of us view her. Do you have any ideas on boosting her self esteem? Pass them on please!
Well, I need to finalize some lesson plans and get ready for bed. Check back soon!

4 comments:

adorable pearsons said...

I think you should write a letter just telling the girl of some of the qualities she has that you admire and why...and mail it! Then she will for sure get it and will have it to refer to as much as she needs.ps I am talking to you write now

Ashley Wray said...

I think thats a great idea, there's only so much you can say, but a letter she can look back on and it will mean a lot to her that you took the time to write it. That cake looks delicious, I would have eatin' it for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Anonymous said...

Didn't you have any pictures of yourself at the party that you could have put on the site instead of the ones of me?! Now you blew my cover and everyone knows I don't really look like Hunter Tylo. Oh well, it was fun being a model while it lasted.

Lott said...

Thanks for the suggestions, I will be using them.

Marie, I tried to get a picture of me sliding on the floor, but it was too much to juggle. Plus, now everyone will see I'm friends with very beautiful people! If you don't ask me...ask Lynette, she emailed me and said the same thing about you!