Sunday, October 28, 2007

October 28, 2007


Bad mommy confession time. Even though I'm in school, I try to put my family first, but it just isn't always possible. So, this week I was working on a writing assignment and Cooper kept coming in and asking for things. I would get to work about a minute before he would interrupt again. A good mommy would have recognized this as a child needing a little attention, but I took it as time for a little talking to. I told Coop I just needed about 10 more minutes to work on my assignment but if he kept interrupting me I would never get it done. He said OK and left the room. It really only took me about 6 more minutes. I headed out of my room and ran into the above sign (taped to our downstair's door which was propped open so I would run into it). Can anyone say guilt-ridden? That's right, my son has to literally bang my head into a door to get lunch. It did a good job on the sign though. He gets an A and I get a C (if you average my assignment grade and my mommy grade).
This past week we went to Cooper's book fair which was lots of fun. Books are dangerously addicting. Kurt & Cooper carved a darling vampire pumpking at pack meeting and it's sitting in our kitchen. It was also red ribbon week (say no to drugs). It was quite confusing to try and keep up with what Cooper's school was doing and what I was supposed to wear at my school. The first day was pj day at my school and mismatch day at Coops. You would think wearing pj's to school would be fun, but it was very awkward. I also observed the students were much more comfortable with bad behavior that day.
Here's an odd piece of info. Hunter, Ryan, and their friend Calvin wanted to go to the mall yesterday. Strange, but it gets even stranger. They were there for 8 hours...yuck! How can a person survive 8 hours in a mall, let alone voluntarily. I'm a little worried. I hope you all have a fun Halloween...I love holidays of all kinds. Stay safe and check your children's candy thoroughly!

3 comments:

adorable pearsons said...

So abusive...especially how you called your child an "it." Refer to your entry! PS- remember when I sent Bostyn to bed without dinner- we're tied

Unknown said...

I don't think so Misti. Leslie was feeling a wee bit more insensitive that you think that day. She made poor ol Cooper eat the soup he had drawn and told him if he was thirsty to draw some chocolate milk or water. That night I had to draw steak and potatoes for dinner (I made sure it was very small).

Shannon said...

hahaha...that's hilarious, I'm glad I found your blog :)