Sunday, October 14, 2007

October 14, 2007

Guess how much this tractor costs? It's a whoppin' $750,000. I was thinking about that last night (no, I don't usually ponder over tractors) and the thought crossed my mind, "I wonder if there is a special driving test one has to pass to handle a three-quarters of a million dollar mutilation machine". Don't you think there should be? I would not want to see some fourteen year old farm teen behind the wheel of this big daddy.

On to more fascinating subjects, like toilets. About a week ago, the seal broke on our downstairs toilet, so we locked that bathroom up until we could fix it. About midweek, our van broke...now Kurt is driving Hunter's car. Yesterday, Kurt was able to finish fixing our mailbox (hip hip hooray) and so he started working on the toilet. If only we knew what was to come. Did you know the whole house shouldn't stink when one is fixing a toilet? I didn't. Kurt fixed the seal, but there was something else. Water seeping from an unknown origin....uh oh. Did I mention Kurt can get a little dramatic about these things? I was not thrilled when he came upstairs to tell me there was something very wrong. Our sump pump broke...hello stinkage! So, the saga of our broken household apparati (is that plural for apparatus?) continues. On a positive note, it was a blessing Kurt waited until yesterday to fix the toilet because the sump pump had just broken the previous evening. It could be a lot worse!

Also, Kurt had 2 interviews this past week with the State of Idaho. They were for the same job, just different departments. We should hear this week if he got one of them and are using positive thinking and prayer as we wait. I found out something interesting this week, there is a reason for the term "backseat driver". Kurt, Coop, & I rode with Hunter yesterday which meant I ended up in the backseat. It is so much scarier from back there. I actually screamed twice, poor Hunter. Tomorrow is my Mom & Dad's Anniversary and the next day is Kurt's Mom & Dad's Anniversary, so I want to wish them a big congratulations for making it this long (I think they may have broken some kind of guiness world record or something). Kurt & I feel quite blessed that our families are still in tact.

Before I sign off, I made Sheena's (a fellow blogger) monster cookie recipe she posted and had to use a little faith when I realized there was no flour in them. They turned out great! Cooper kept asking if we were going to buy frosting and sprinkles. Then he wanted to know if we could at least use cookie cutters. It was then I realized he thought the cookies were going to be decorated to look like monsters. He got over it when I took out the first baked batch and he kindly said, "Wow, those cookies look like monsters all on their own". Thanks Coop!

No comments: