Sunday, November 25, 2007

November 25, 2007



Even though it's only been a few days since Thanksgiving, I've been quite busy. After everyone left Thursday night, the plan was for Kurt & I to go through all the ads and decide on our attack route for Black friday. Unfortunately, Kurt was finishing some application stuff, so I did it by myself. We split up our shopping. I went to one store where most of the shopping would be done at 5am (not too bad). Poor Kurt went to another store at 3:30am (you read that right) and he was about 70th in line. He didn't get what he really wanted there and, after heading to another store & grabbing a few things, he ended up waiting in line to check out for 3 hours. He could have gone to an entire church service in that length of time. I got home around 6:30am and went back to bed at 7am. Kurt got home around 10am which is when I woke up for the day and he went to bed.
Then, the urge hit me....time to decorate for Christmas. The boys helped me haul in boxes and get things set up. As you can see, my christmas tree isn't the designer upscale version you would drool over in a department store window, but it's a pillar of fond memories and family connections. There are a couple of ornaments from when I was a child and an ornament for when Kurt & I were married. There are ornaments with pictures of the boys when they were younger and one from when I had Hunter. I have one from my grandma that says, "grandaughter" and one which is symbolic of my other grandma. There are toy dinosaures, Harry Potter, Winnie the Pooh, and Snoopy ornaments Hunter used to play with and now Cooper does. So many memories flooded over me as I decorated this tree.
Saturday we did lots of laundry and prepared for my parents, Uncle Bill, and his mother-in-law to arrive, which they did around 5pm. Bill and his MIL only stayed for a little while & left early in the morning, but we enjoyed spending time with them. I'm so thrilled to have my parents here. They are easy to have and up for anything.
For the good news: Kurt starts a job tomorrow!!! We are so excited and I know he is a little nervous, but we feel very blessed to have this job. Thanks to all of you who have communicated concern for us and kept us in your prayers. I'll leave you with a Cooper quote from today. After church (6pm), it was freezing as we all piled in the van to head home. After a minute or so Cooper said, "I'm so cold I have a brain freeze in my back".



3 comments:

DJ Fairhurst said...

We decorated our Christmas tree today too (see our blog tomorrow). Tell mom and dad hi.

Ashley Wray said...

We are totally getting the tree out tonight and I've already got a few Christmas decorations around! I love the cute homemade, memory filled ornaments, those are the best kind!

E-llo said...

I love the tree! I love ones with all of the memories - Fake Christmas tree, $100; Lights, $35; ornaments created by or purchased for your children, priceless. Trees like yours can't be replaced! Now I want to get mine set up!