Thursday, November 1, 2007

Goodbye Halloween, Hello sugar...woo hoo!




Halloween has come and gone, but it has left us not with a bitter taste, but with sugar plums (chocolate) dancing in my head (waistline). We had so much fun last night. Mike, Calie, & Jamie brought bad spiderman (Ben) and good spiderman (Parker) to go trick or treating. Kati brought the devil (Dain), yummy cookies, and they joined Aang (Cooper) and myself. Kurt stayed and handed out the treats.
I love our neighborhood. It's so fun to see people you know and get to catch up. Plus, because of the delay in daylight savings (this weekend by the way), it was light out most of the time. We were done by 8pm and got to see some of the kids who came by. We had these half-naked teen boys in weird deer skin throws come and I thought that was pushing it a little. After 9pm, everything quieted down until 10pm when one more group of rowdy teenagers came to the door. We gave them my least favorite candy....the jolly rancher suckers.
I hope all of you enjoyed Halloween as much as I did, and Hey...it's the middle of the day and my boys are at school. I guess it's time to raid the candy bags. See you on the other side of my sugar rush!

1 comment:

E-llo said...

I love Halloween. It sounds like you got way more trick-or-treaters than we did. Weird how people can live so close and get totally different trick-or-treaters, although you do live in a good size neighborhood.