Sunday, November 18, 2007

November 18, 2007

This past week has been filled to the brim. Besides our Anniversary, it was also my Grandma Lane's birthday. Although she is no longer with us, I've thought about her a lot. I'll just share a few things with you. I remember, when I was a child, making Christmas candy trains with her. It was so much fun and took all my strength not to eat the train before it was finished. I remember bringing my college friends home to meet her and making bets as to how long it would take to make her swear. I remember when we lived in the same apartments as she did and I would take Hunter (who was just a baby) over and just hang out with her...those were my favorite times. She was a generous person full of spunk and nobody crossed her without getting a taste of wrath!

Speaking of swearing, I have another Cooper incident to share. He had been creating something on the computer for me and was very excited to show me. He came downstairs, grinning ear to ear, and asked me to come take a look. On the screen was something called, "monkey mail" through Career Builder. He pushed play and this animated monkey starts talking. It went something like this, "Roses are red, Violets are blue, you're nice and your cologne stinks too. Get rid of your cologne. Get rid of your D*** cologne." Needless to say, Cooper was on the receiving end of an unhappy mama!

Calie & I went to a craft show yesterday and it was so much fun! We each found some Christmas gifts and had a little treat as well. It was in Nampa, but we found out there is even a bigger one (how can that be possible) in Boise on my Mom's birthday. Too bad she isn't going to be here! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I certainly have a lot to be thankful for!

1 comment:

adorable pearsons said...

Poor Cooper- all of that hard work just to get into trouble. Don't you know that it's in his blood- I mean read the above description of Grandma Lane! :) I called dad and he said mom and Kelli were at a craft show; later I called you and Kurt said you and Calie were at a craft show- talk about getting left out-ouch!