Saturday, November 17, 2007

It's our 17th!



Yesterday was Kurt & I's 17th Anniversary. Getting married at the age of 12 has it's advantages. The festivities had a rocky start due to the fact I didn't want to celebrate. Let's face it, the last couple of years have been rough and I was just done with it all! Luckily, my parents and Kurt came to the rescue. My parents sent us some of their hard-earned money. I wanted to give it back because it's embarrassing receiving money for you parents when you have been married for 17 years, but my mom convinced me to take it. They are just the most generous, kind people.

Then, Kurt was dead set on celebrating. He listened to me whine and cry and complain and then, after I was done with my 30 minute vent, I felt a ton better. So, plan anniversary was back on. We went to a new Italian restaurant called Asiago's. It was so much fun. Then, we came home & picked up Coop because it was his awards ceremony. I have to say, it was so enjoyable for us to see him receive his certificate, medal, and gift. He was beaming. He also got to have his picture taken with his principal. Afterward, we dropped him off and went to do our Thanksgiving shopping. That may sound boring to you, but we had a good time.

The real surprise happened when I got home. There were little post it notes from Cooper with Anniversary drawings on them. Then, Kurt blindfolded me and he & the boys took me downstairs. When they took off my blindfold, there were balloons everywhere and over in the corner were dried mangos (one of my favs) and a Wii game I had mentioned looked fun. Kurt, Coop, & I played the Wii for awhile to wrap up the evening. Yesterday was one of my most memorable, enjoyable Anniversaries ever!!

2 comments:

adorable pearsons said...

Yeah- go Kurt! That is so fun. I am so glad that you ended up getting to do something together! What Wii game was it?

Unknown said...

The game is Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games. I don't play these things but this ones fun. I'm pleased to say I pulled one over on Les this time to get her this gift. We (she) agreed not to get each other gifts for our anniversary this year. I wasn't sure how I was going to pull a miracle off until my cousin Mike called up and said he needed help moving a piano. I helped him and he paid me $50 and then called again in great need the next day. He went to pay me when done but I said no we will trade work, he will re-finish our piano when I'm done sanding. So when Les asked how much he paid I only told her about the trade. Yes a white lie. Leslie do you now forgive me?