Saturday, November 10, 2007

Captain Literal strikes again!!!

As of this very moment, this is what Hunter's room looks like. It's always messy, but there's a story behind this disaster. Yesterday I told Hunter I wanted him to clean everything out from under his bed. I'm not kidding when I say he packed every square inch with junk under there. About forty minutes later he, Ryan, & Cooper came downstairs.

Hunter said he was done and Cooper was very excited that he got to help (lucky, lucky Cooper). Cooper declared, "I helped Hunter clean under his bed and he gave me this candy (an old jawbreaker and a sucker). I think I got the better end of that deal". Oh Cooper....so much to learn. I told Hunter I was going to check under his bed, so it had better be completely done. His response should have given me a clue as to the completeness of this project. He grinned and exclaimed, "Mom, there is nothing under there. It's completely empty. Now I just have to clean the rest of my room". So Hunter & Ryan left for a four miles skateboard ride.

After a little while I went to check how he did and, as you can see, I was in for quite a surprise (just like Christmas). That right...he did exactly what I told him to....and not a thing more. I guess I should have clarified to clean under his bed and put all of it away. Another mother lesson learned the hard way!

No comments: