Friday, February 29, 2008

The ups & downs











Last Sunday we had a birthday get together for my little cousin, Ben. He is the most imaginative little guy. He would only let us call him Wolverine or Logan and when we sang him Happy Birthday, he reminded us to sing Happy Birthday Logan. I was cracking up because the when we got there he and Parker were half naked. Parker even had a pair of nunchuks tucked safely away in his undies. (ps. they are only 4 & 5 years old....that would be cute with a cousin my age)



Remember Wednesday when the driving skills guy was a no show. Well, things got worse. That night I felt really sick to my stomach when I went to bed. Then, at 2am, I woke up with the chills, fever, and dry heaves...which turned into vomiting. I felt so, so sick. I was up all night and was unable to do my student teaching...that about killed me. On my Mom's advice, I called my doctor who told me to come in. She thought it might be a UT infection & put me on antibiotics. The only problem: I was incredibly nauseous. I got one down and then had a blessing last night. I took a tylenol PM and slept, fitfully, all night. Cooper made me the above note and then put the gems & accompanying note on the floor of my closet....so thoughtful of him!
I still feel terrible this morning, so the doctor made me come back in. My blood pressure was 80/20...I was completely dehydrated. They cath'ed me (I know you are crossing your legs right now) and then put some fluids in me. I felt a lot better after the fluids. Then, they sent me for a renal ultrasound. The good news: no blockage of my kidney. The bad news: it's full of stones. So, I'll be visiting my friendly neighborhood urologist some time in the next 2 weeks.
Great News: I ate something and it didn't hurt! YEAH!!!




7 comments:

adorable pearsons said...

You're right- I will not be uncrossing my legs for quite awhile now. But I so hope you feel better soon. Wish I was there to take care of you!

Ludvigson Family said...

I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. I wish there was something I could do to help. That is so cute how thoughtful Cooper is. I especially like the little face he draws with the two o's in his name!! Feel better soon and keep us posted.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you don't feel good. what a wonderful son to leave you little notes.

Ashley Wray said...

No fun! I wish you the best and quickest recovery! What what a thoughtful son you have! Keep popping the pills and hope you can keep eating!

Jason & Jennifer Lott said...

I hope you feel better!!

Emily N. said...

I'm thinking of you as well. I hope that things just keep getting better. I need to send you a real email one of these days to catch up. Thanks for commenting on my blog!

E-llo said...

Wow! That totally sucks! I am sorry that you have to pass all of those stones! I hope you can get them passed quickly with the least amount of pain as possible.