Sunday, February 17, 2008

February 17, 2008
























Cooper turned 9 yesterday. His last year of single digit birthdays...I can't believe it. Cooper teaches me alot and definitely pushes me to parent in a whole new way. He is incredibly inquisitive and retains information about the most random facts. He is a little too observant about the people, animals, and various things in his environment. He loves big...and is quite forgiving.
He wants to be a veteraniarian when he grows up. He is creative. It makes him very sad to have so little family around. I think he would have really enjoyed growing up in a large family.
For his birthday, we went to Artist for a Day. He and 3 friends picked out figurines to paint. Then they made a special birthday plate for him. It was relaxing and enjoyable. We pick up the final products in a week, after they are fired and glazed. If you squint your eyes a little, his High School Musical cupcakes look like a fish cake...which would also be appropriate. In the first photo, he is on the phone with my parents and Misti & her family. They called to sing him happy birthday. I'm so glad Cooper is a part of our family. He is quite a miracle to us.
A few other tidbits from the week:
  • I found out it costs almost $100/month to insure teenage boys....ouch.
  • Cooper gets his mouth mold made tomorrow. He was excited until someone on the bus told him how awful it is.
  • I become "the teacher" for my class all day starting Tuesday...scary.
  • Blue icing should be banned...especially the buttercream kind.

4 comments:

Jason & Jennifer Lott said...

Glad he had a great birthday!! He is such a great kid. Good luck Tuesday, you'll do great!!

Anonymous said...

Tell Cooper Happy Birthday, good luck with becoming the "teacher"

adorable pearsons said...

Such a fun birthday coops- we miss you! Take some pics of his FINISHED plate for us. Can't wait for future teacher stories!

E-llo said...

Happy Birthday, Cooper. Looks like an awesome birthday. Good luck with the teaching, I am sure you will totally rock. I liked the movie reviews. I agree on the Def./Maybe. I loved that Ryan suggested that we see it. hehe. Also, thanks for the warning on Spiderwick - Carter wants to see it, but I might make him wait.