Sunday, February 3, 2008

February 3rd or 4th,2008



I'm not really sure what the date is, but it's Sunday and I'm in Montana. I decided to take the boys +Ryan and go to MT for awhile. The weather has been bad enough that I didn't think I was really going to go, but it was in the back of my mind for the past couple of weeks. I wanted to see my grandparents and Jake & Kelli and their families, but I HATE driving on bad roads and in poor weather. Then, Friday, I felt I really should leave, so we packed up and headed out yesterday. Oh yeah...no one in Great Falls knew we were coming.

The first bump in the plan happened about a quarter of a mile outside of Boise. A severe accident kept us stopped on the highway for over an hour. I kept thinking I should just forget it, but faith pushed me a long. After that, I hit about 2 hours of poor road conditions and snow. Then I go to Monida pass and the visibility was terrible. After that,smooth sailing. I got here just in time as storms have hit MT and ID. We walked into Kelli's and she couldn't believe it. She kept saying, "What are you doing here?" That could be misconstrued, but I believe she meant it in a good way. Then we popped over to Grandma's and, although she hid it pretty well, she insists she was completely surprised. I called Khanyi who, after realizing she wasn't talking to Kelli, gave me a grand welcome. I really miss being around my family in MT. Today Kelli & I played pinochle with our grandparents and we had so much fun. MT will always feel like home to me.

I'll try to take lots of pictures, but sometimes I'm having so much fun, I forget. Gracie had forgotten who I was, but it took her no time at all to warm up. Jaron & Kaila are old enough to remember and I haven't seen Khanyi, Kami, and Kalea yet....but I will soon. I hope all of you are cozy and warm in your various homes.

6 comments:

Jason & Jennifer Lott said...

Glad you made it safe!! We've been thinking and hoping that you did. Have a good time visiting your family. And have a safe trip home.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could just hop in the car and drive home but it would take me 4 days to get home. I will always call Montana home also. I am glad you made it safe

adorable pearsons said...

So fun! PS- in your blog it sounded like Khanyi and Kelli were fighting you might want to clear up that it was on the phone and b/c of caller ID! so wish I was there and I lOVE teh pic of Gracie

Anonymous said...

i didn't know that was Gracie i have never seen her she is a cutie.

Jill said...

I am so glad we are friends on facebook so I could find your blog. Say hello to Kellie for me.

Shannon said...

aww, I'm so jealous!!! But I know you had a blast!