Sunday, March 2, 2008

March 2, 2008



February is gone. It seems impossible, but it's true. March starts the dawn of a new facet of my life....stone hunting. No, not the kind of stone you see here...oh how I wish! That's right...kidney stone hunting. My goal before I see my urologist is to have at least one stone for him to diagnose.

I can already imagine it. He'll look at me, eyes bright with wonder and amazement and say something to the effect of, "I've never had such a brilliant, determined patient before." Humbly, I'll reply, "I've heard that before". Then he'll lower his head in awe and respond in a revered tone, "I feel it's an honor to have been chosen as your urologist. As a token of my sincere gratitude I would like to give you (he'll pause for a slight moment)...one of my kidneys". Oh yes, it will be an appointment a girl could only dream of and, of course, it would be rude not to accept. Then, once again, my lonely kidney will have a friend in the neighborhood.

So, here I sit, water-logged and hopeful in my newest quest. Yesterday I even tried a home remedy. I mixed a tablespoon of olive oil with a tablespoon of lemon juice, mixed it and drank it down, followed by 12 oz. of water. As disgusting as it was, an hour later I found myself one little, tiny stone. Unfortunately, it was crushed during excavation by my obnoxious tweezers, which are now in time out!

Wish me luck as I forge ahead and, on a serious note, a big warm thanks to those of you who have kept me in your prayers. I've been quite touched by all the concern and feel comforted at this time!

4 comments:

adorable pearsons said...

you've got to pee,pee,pee your stones; pee,pee,pee you're stones out; pee all you're stones away! could your post be any nastier? good luck to you gold digger!May you wake up to all of the stones one could ever wish for!

Jill said...

I hope those tweezers have learned their lesson. Feel better soon!

E-llo said...

I hope you aren't tweezing your eyebrows with those tweezers! Dang tweezers for breaking that stone. I bet you will pass the biggest stone ever really soon. You could be a World Record holder. Your picture could be in the paper of you with some salad tongs holding your stone. Sorry, I feel a little sick now.

Atkins Family said...

No, sorry I don't know any other Leslie...you're the one and only!! Have fun with that! Ben was just in a surgury rotation with a urologist, good luck with everything, I hope it all goes well.