Sunday, March 30, 2008

March 30, 2008



Ode to a Carpet Man:
Daunting fields of dirt and grime
Canst stop the man with purpose clear
The pitter patter of little feet
A skateboard crashing here and there
Food split twixt laughter, smiles and tears
The carpet man renews the slate again
I'm pretty sure our carpets have been cleaned since before we moved in (entirely disgusting). So, Kurt rented a machine, which turned out to be a beast of burden, and cleaned our living room carpet. It took him all day long and it was the worst of chores. Have I mentioned he is a perfectionist in certain aspects. I guess carpet cleaning can be added to list...why can't toilets and dishes be on there? If I would have done it, the very first thing is I would have taken one look at that machine and said, "NO WAY". Then, I would have been done. Seriously, Kurt had to mix potions, apply lotions, and steam clean his face before he even started. Then, every so often, he'd have to start mixing again.
The end result: a moist, yet very clean, carpet and an aching back, headache, and exhausted male being. Thank goodness we don't believe in doing these things on Sunday..it may have killed him off!
ps. I particularly like our couch in the kitchen and our loveseat in the entryway.

3 comments:

E-llo said...

That is a nice carpet! It looks brand new! I know it was a lot of work, but aren't you happy that it is all done?!

Ludvigson Family said...

I was just thinking i need to clean our carpets and was debating about renting a machine. After reading your post you have solved my dilema- Defenitly NOT renting a machine, although your carpets do look great!!!

E-llo said...

Leslie,
I have to say, our ward is a little quiet. I miss all that were taken away. I am drawing a blank on Primary Pres and YM (I had to take Spencer to the bathroom when they were making the calls), but Aubrey Tueller is YW Pres. I think she will be good, she is a bit scared. Jodi Wilson and Jen Patterson round out her pres. We lost soo many teens, I wasn't involved with them in my callings, but you really miss them when they are gone.
Are you going to be at book group in a little over a week? It is at Melinda Jensen's house. Hope to see you soon.
Erika