Sunday, March 9, 2008

Ouch...Tagged!

Susan tagged me. I believe there is some rule that you can only be tagged once every 7 years. I'm sure you will be glad to hear that after you read (if you actually do) the following:

What was I doing ten years ago?

I was working in the loan department at at credit union. Hunter was in school and Kurt was trying to find a job. We had been unable to have more children, so I was the bread winner for a short period of time.


2. Five things on my to-do list today

  • lesson plans
  • 6pm meeting
  • make dinner
  • paperwork for graduation
  • prepare something I need to return in the mail
3. What snacks do I enjoy?


Can anyone say Little Debbie??? I also LOVE salsa. Mmmmm...cinnamon rolls.


4. What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire?

  • First...charitable contributions
  • Mission & college funds for boys (add to them)
  • Pay off House & Student loans
  • Get a new car!
  • See how I can help family
  • Set up a scholarship

5. Three bad habits

  • Eating too much sugar
  • The Bachelor
  • I'll let you choose one among the many you are aware of

6. Five places that I have lived

  • Montana
  • Colorado
  • Georgia
  • Texas
  • Utah

7. Five jobs I have had

  • Nanny...yuck!
  • Piano teacher
  • Swimming Pool Tester
  • Barnes & Nobles...fun
  • Drug & Alcohol Assessment Clerk

8. Five things people don't know about me.

  • I'm part Choctaw Indian
  • I really love Walleyball (Marie, are you there?)
  • My 20 year high school reunion is this summer
  • I wanted to be a cop or lawyer when I was younger
  • I haven't gotten a ticket since I was 17 years old.

You know at Halloween when someone leaves those cookies on your doorstep and they look so delicious and you feel so honored...until you read the note and realize they come with a price? You have to make cookies and send them out to other people who don't have a ghost in the window...and if you don't have a ghost in the window everyone knows you don't have any friends and you become bitter and make a bunch of cookies and eat them all yourself. Well, tagging could elicit those same emotions...so I'm not going to tag anyone just like I don't leave that note with the Halloween cookies I hand out. I just don't want to force anyone into a cookie binging spree.

5 comments:

adorable pearsons said...

That spacer looks so so PAINFUL- ouch. Plus there is no way I would let anyone stick anything in there and twist it- brave little coops. What is Hunter standing behind? And why are teenager so tired- I think they are saving up all of the sleep they can for when they have kids- so sleep on Hunter, sleep on!

Ludvigson Family said...

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that in the time we lived by each other I got to know you pretty well!!! No shockers for me accept what does "The Bachelor" mean? If you watch the bachelor that will be a shocker!

Oh by the way Maverick (18mo. old) loves jamming to your music!

E-llo said...

I like getting to know a little more about you. I hope to see you at book club on Tuesday (my house, yikes I have to pick the book).

I loved what you said at the end about the Halloween cookies. I totally know what you mean. Let's make a deal not to boo one another. Ever! :)

E-llo said...

*tears* You won't be at book club. You will be missed and so sad that we aren't going to be in the same ward. Could the boundries be any more screwed up?

Susan said...

Hi! I saw your comment on Emily Norton (she and I were roommates at BYU)'s blog and took the chance to do some shameless self-promotion - I have a book blog at http://blogginboutbooks.blogspot.com. If you are interested in books (which I assume you are, since you asked about book blogs/sites), you should check it out. I have a whole list of book-y links there, too.