Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday, January 27, 2008





The picture of Hunter and spider have nothing to do with one another, although I could probably come up with some similiarities if I thought long and hard enough. Yesterday, during my usual day of cleaning, the above spider decided to scare the daylights out of me. I was rinsing dishes when this little charmer waved at me. I screamed and jumped back. Of course Hunter & Kurt were gone, but Cooper yelled from downstairs to find out what was the matter. When I said there was a spider, he decided to stay in the basement for awhile....useless. Here's the thing: even though I hate spiders, I don't want them to die. They have their place in the universe. I don't mind if they live in the rain forest, at the top of Everest, on a remote island somewhere, beneath a glacier, in the middle of the Sahara. I'm a generous, compassionate person, but when spiders come into my habitat I have to dispose of them. Sometimes Kurt will take the arachnid (still alive) and put it in the backyard. Well, duh...all it's going to do is procreate and bring it's posse back with it. Think about it and don't judge the next time I tell you I sent a spider to that great web in the sky.

Hunter got a haircut...I think that is huge news. The picture doesn't do it justice because I had to catch him on the run. He is not thrilled about the cut and refuses to let me take a nice picture. Today he was on celebrity status as a ton of people told him how nice he looked...he responded with a grunt. By the way, he was accepted into the Caldwell EFY session. He has a week to decided whether he would like to go to a different session before they open it up to general enrollment. He is thinking about it.

A follow up on the dryer: it blew a belt. Kurt was able to find it, but we can't get a replacement until Wednesday.....AHHHHH! He took our 2 loads of wet laundry to our neighbors across the street. If you EVER find yourself in the same situation, call on our neighbors. Kurt came back with cookies and money (they pay us to stay in the neighborhood). Then, an hour or so later, the laundry came back neatly folded. Talk about service! I'm just glad my underwear weren't among the damp! Thanks Hatfields!

3 comments:

adorable pearsons said...

Man, I just may just throw my dryer out the window if I could get that same service. Seriously- you have got some issues with spiders in your house- so scary! GOod job cutting your hair Hunter- Now the spiders don't have a home :)! j/k

E-llo said...

I am liking the short hair! Watch out girls! I think you must have a spider nest somewhere in/around your house. This is getting out of control! If you need help, call me, I will kill or remove your spiders if you will come over in the summer to do the same for me with wasps! So I think my dryer might be "breaking" soon, who is it I call?

Jason & Jennifer Lott said...

Looking good, Hunter!! Love the new hair cut. Now about those spiders it sounds like a call to Orkin is in order!!