Sunday, January 20, 2008

January 20, 2008



Cooper wrote me a little note yesterday.....I'm guessing it was a not-so-subtle hint. His birthday is in less than a month. In case you can't read it, it says, "iPod + Cooper = birthday. Poor Coops is going to be sorely disappointed if he thinks this is even a remote possibility. I'm trying to prepare him for the inevitable. If I could buy an ipod based on his creative gift request presentation, he'd get one for sure.

We woke up to snow this morning again. After church, I went visiting teaching and when I got back I chatted in the car with my V.T. partner for a bit. While sitting there, as if by magic, one snowball after the other came flying over the fence only to splat against Hunter's car. Then I saw a small snow-covered glove wave over the top of the fence. I thought Coop was a pretty good shot for throwing blind.

Finally, I bit the bullet and signed Hunter up for EFY. He's never gone before and it's something I've wanted him to do. It was hard to give up that much money from savings, but I feel like it was the right choice. The way it works is you choose 5 possible sessions (from various locations) with your number one option being your most desired and number 5 being your least desired. Then, after a week of registration, there is a lottery (totally against our religion) to fill sessions. Our session choices were as follows: #1: Caldwell, ID (25 minutes from Meridian); #2 & #3: Cedar City, UT (different dates, but close to Kurt's parent's and Gentry's house); #4 & #5: Provo, UT (5 hours away and we both have brothers who live nearby). We'll be happy with any of those! I just hope he gets in at least one session.

Have a fabulous, story-filled, chocolate-eating, book-reading type of week!

5 comments:

Jason & Jennifer Lott said...

We are pulling for Provo!! But we are biased, LOL. And let Cooper know that I hope he gets his ipod, I'll put a good word in with the birthday fairy, LOL!!

E-llo said...

Good for you! I hate dishing out a large sum of money. It will be so good for him and he will have such a good time! What's with the snow on Sundays, btw? Have a good week! Enjoy the short week.

Anonymous said...

about the i-pod, Eric got one off e-bay it called like a mp4 player. he got it really cheap so that maybe a something to think about. what day is his birthday cause mine is next month also? I am so glad that Jill got to come out and see me it was really good for me. I am sorry that your sister are not talking to you.

Ludvigson Family said...

I love Coopers creative request for the i-pod. While he's out throwing snowballs we were out golfing in short sleave shirts!! I miss the snow every now and then. NOT!!! i'm definitely a warm weather kind of gal.
That is so great Hunter gets to go to EFY. I wish I could have gone when I was that age. I think it will be money well spent!!

Shannon said...

It stinks forking over the $$, but it's totally worth it. I was a junkie back in the day; I went 4 years as a participant, and then was a counselor 2 years later. Hunter will love it! :)