Friday, January 18, 2008

Spider Chronicles, Part 3

I know what you are thinking. How do spiders and an ad for new oatmeal relate? You are going to be sorry you asked that question. Here's the background: My mother & sisters had been telling me about this yummy new healthy oatmeal and begging me to try some. I think they were getting paid by Quaker or something. I didn't know what it looked like and always forgot about it when I went grocery shopping, so I never bought any. Then my mom came to visit. She put on her running shoes and sprinted to the nearest supermarket to purchase some for me. She also bought a hot pot (I don't really know what they are called, but you put water in them, plug them in, and they get the water boiling quickly). I don't know where she carried all of it on her sprint back to my house.

Now, every morning, I turn on the hot pot and make myself a hot, steaming bowl of Simple Harvest oatmeal. Honestly, it is so delicious, everyone should try some (I hope Quaker starts paying me soon). I don't take the water out of the pot every day, but I clean it out every few days (because of the poo dust in the air and stuff like that). Yesterday there was plenty of water in the pot, but, for some reason, I decided to clean it out. I opened the lid and there IT was....floating upside down in the water. It's legs were all curled and one eye was still open.

I quickly called for Kurt, after plopping the hot pot on the counter and running for my life. My brave hero went in and dumped out the water. Guess what? The spider somehow,even in death, was able to cling to the inside of the pot. As I peeked from around the corner, I saw him take a spoon and scoop the creepy villain out and put it in the garbage. I bravely cleaned out the hot pot and ate pancakes instead.

ps. the next morning when I was eating my oatmeal, I just crossed my fingers there were not spider eggs in it! I was the bravest!

4 comments:

adorable pearsons said...

gross! mom bought you a spider growing pot! so nasty! you are the bravest, I would have burned it!

Ashley Wray said...

Oh, I love that oatmeal, I especially love the vanilla almond one, yummy! As for the spider growing in your hot pot, I think I'll pass! Glad you have a hero like Kurt to save you!

Jason & Jennifer Lott said...

You are so brave!! Hope you don't any more close encounters.

E-llo said...

I think it is time to call the exterminator! Seriously! Don't let the spider ruin your new love affair though! Enjoy the oatmeal anyways!