Sunday, January 27, 2008

Our Beloved Prophet



Today when Kelli told me the news of the passing of President Hinckley, I wasn't filled with as much grief as I thought I would be. The past couple of years when he has spoken in General Conference, I've become emotional the moment he would begin to speak. His words always reached deep within my soul, prompting reflection and self-evaluation. He eminated love, just as the Savior asks of all of us.

Although I'm sad he has left us, I can't help but rejoice for him as he reunites with his dear wife. He seemed to miss her so. President Hinckley will always hold a special place in my heart and I'm grateful for the years he served me. May his family feel comfort and peace at this difficult time.

2 comments:

Jason & Jennifer Lott said...

I feel the same way you do. He is someone I will never forget.

Ashley Wray said...

Amen! I thought I would just be so upset, but I just imagined him with his sweet wife and so happy, so that made me happy! He was an amazing man!