Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A small step forward



Yesterday was the music program for the elementary school I intern at. I volunteered to run the sound system (I thought it was just a CD player...wrong) for all 3 performances. Two were during the day and one was last night.

I took Cooper with me because he loves music and this was a really phenomenal performance. I put him in the front row where he could make eye contact with me if he got nervous (I had to sit smack dab in the center of all the music stands).

He asked if he could sit with me, but there was no room, so he went and sat down. A man with a rather large camera was sitting next to him. Before the program and all through it, I would see the man lean over and talk to Cooper, then look at me and smile. I thought it was very sweet, but wondered what Cooper was saying. After the program, the man came up to me and told me how polite and well behaved Cooper was. I thanked him and told him I appreciated him talking to Coop since he was by himself and wasn't happy sitting away from me. The man told me to I should let Coop play with his boys to help with that.

Cooper & I walked off and after we were far out of earshot (huge area of growth for Coop), he said, "That man kept talking to me through the entire performance. He was so annoying". Poor Good Samaritan! What's a mom to do?

2 comments:

E-llo said...

That is hilarious! Hey, at least you guys were out of hearing range. Kids tell it like it is, don't they! He is so cute!

adorable pearsons said...

Wow! Great progress Cooper-why couldn't he have done that with the 'small' person? So glad that to see a little light out of what is becoming our tunnel! Also those are awesome pictures...is the eagle one really hands?