Sunday, December 9, 2007

December 9, 2007





What a crazy, fun-filled, rockin' week! It was my nephew & niece, Austin & Katelyn's birthday. It was my niece, Gracie's birthday, and we celebrated my Mom's birthday. It was also my cousins, Mike & Calie, anniversary. Thanks to my Mom and Cooper, we still have the sweets to prove our celebration madness.
My parents came back from Randy's on Tuesday. We were so excited. We went to dinner at Sizzler (my fav., actually they have an awesome salad bar) and then to a "surprise" activity. My dad pulled into a dark, over-filled parking lot and that is when we realized we were at a bowling alley. It seemed every space was taken, so Kurt & Hunter went inside to see if they had any open lanes (mom & I were in the back seat praying there weren't). While we were waiting, a man...about my age...stopped right in front of my van window and started yelling and wagging his head. I'm not kidding. We had a good laugh about it once we were safely out of the parking lot & on our way to Boondocks. We played a round of laser tag (I Love Lasertag!), but the best part was playing Deal or No Deal. It was hilarious. The best part was the people staring at us when Dad & I were chanting, loudly, "NO DEAL" while Mom was playing.
Wednesday we did some errands and my dad fixed our electrical problems...again. I wish they lived here!!
Thursday was their last day, but we packed in the fun. I let the boys stay home from school and while I was away teaching, Cooper & Mom made all sorts of goodies. Then Dad took the boys bowling (he was determined) and back to Boondocks while Mom & I spent hours and hours editing the family story. We had so much fun. We stopped when the hairdresser came to do my mom's hair and my friend, Sherri's, hair. Sumer (hair dresser extraordinairre) comes to my house to do my hair. She is hilarious and does a fantastic job. All in all, it was a day buzzing with activity.
My parents left early Friday...before any more tears were shed. Cooper & Dad had a crying competition the night before...it was a tie.
I have more to write, but am too tired to continue. Hopefully I'll bore you with more mundane details in a later post. Until then....Mom & Dad...COME BACK!!!!!

2 comments:

E-llo said...

Sounds like you had a great time with your padres. I totally know how it is to say goodbye. I would always have the water works when my parents left back when we lived in AZ. Just look forward til you can see them again.

Ashley Wray said...

I love your parents as well. They stopped in Burley on their way home so your dad could speak to Andrew's geography class. I got to have a good chat with your mom and then I went in and listened to your dad speak while your mom watched Rylee! It was fun and very insightful to hear your dad talk. Anyways, glad you had a good time and glad you have such wonderful parents!