Friday, November 21, 2008

Hi Friend







Today I met up with my friend Sherri. I've mentioned her before, right here. Sherri & I go way back. Back to those beautiful days when they made these crazy shirts for women that basically were an overgrown onesie with long sleeves and possibly a turtle neck. The days when the higher the bangs equaled your place in heaven and when wearing stirrups didn't mean you were on a horseback ride.
Sherri was my gal pal in high school when she moved from Wyoming to Montana. One of the things I really like about hanging out with Sherri (now or then) is you can just be your nerdy, imperfect self. We like to laugh at ourselves and maybe (please don't tell) at others.

My sweet, spunky friend got tapped on the shoulder by that mean nasty cancer-asaurus. She has her little twin boys and her darling 8 & 9 year old children and is in the process of kickin' cancer's trash. She just had her 2nd chemo treatment 2 days ago & was ready to hang out. No disease has a chance against her.


My plea: Keep Sherri in your prayers. As tough as she is, prayer is the first rate weapon against tribulation.

2 comments:

Susan F. said...

We will keep Serri in our prayers for sure. I know that loved ones on both side of the vail are pulling for her!

E-llo said...

Our prayers are with you Sherri. Continue to hold your head up and kick cancer's butt!