Sunday, April 6, 2008

April 6, 2008








This past week has whipped past and here I am on Sunday already. Friday Cooper & I had no school so we spent some quality time together. We did errands, went to the library and the we went to the movie, Nim's Island. It wasn't at all what I expected and we both really enjoyed it. Friday night we had a ward activity and were able to meet some new people at church. I'm sure I came across and bratty because, for some reason, I just couldn't move from my seat. I was exhausted and the soul of a slug invaded my body.

Yesterday I cooked and cleaned like a mad woman in preparation for my friend Sherri's baby shower. She had twin boys, Nik & Zak ( pictured above) 2 weeks ago and it was time to celebrate. I was so impressed by her family and friends who drove many, many miles to show their love and support. Watching her family reunite and catch up with each other certainly made me miss my family.

Also, knowing my house would be clean and there would be shower goodies left over, Kurt & I had some friends over to play mexican dominoes. It was Kurt's first time and now he is addicted. He & I played a ton today. After all was said and done, I won by 13 points (humbly mentioned of course). Tomorrow I have a CT scan on my kidney. I'm so glad those don't hurt..actually they hurt the checkbook quite a bit!

Also, today was General Conference. I LOVE G.C. I feel so uplifted and replenished. It's a great way to end a weekend!

3 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

You've got to take advantage of a clean house and have people over! How fun to have a shower/game night all in one day! Hope all goes well with your scan!

adorable pearsons said...

cute babes- thanks for sharing. I tried you this weekend, but no luck! Now I know what you were doing- having a party without me, ouch! glad you had a good time

Ludvigson Family said...

I thought that was the same baby!So cute! Wow twins, you are so nice to volunteer your house for the shower.
We love Mexican dominos too, it is our "family game" we play all the time! So fun!