Sunday, April 20, 2008

April 20, 2008










2nd to the last batch of Colorado photos...I promise. The pictures with the red rock background were taken at Garden of the Gods, a truly gorgeous place and I hope we can go in the summer sometimes because we were obviously freezing on this particular day. The 1st set of photos are taken in front of my grandmothers house. We dropped in to see if we could have a look around, but the renters weren't in. I have many fond memories of this home stemming from my childhood. From the outside it just looks like a quaint, older structure, but on the inside it's charming and elegant and full of character.
This past week has been a make-up game from my time away in UT. I was definitely sluggish by Friday and glad to have a weekend home to try and get some things done....not a complete success unfortunately. I went grocery shopping with Coop yesterday and we had a funny experience. It went like this: A sweet looking, older lady taps Cooper on the shoulder while we are browsing eggs. He turns around and she says, with a grin on her face, "How old are you?" He slowly replies, "Um.....9". She says, "How many fingers do you have?" His eyebrows raise a little, "10". "No," she says emphatically, "11". Then she puts her fingers out and counts one hand, "1-2-3-4-5-". Then she holds out her other hand and counts, "10,9,8,7,6,". "What is 6 + 5," she quizzes. Cooper states, "11". She says, "See" and walks away. Cooper mutters, "That was freaky. What was wrong with that lady."
I was so glad he waited until she was out of earshot to say that, but truthfully...it was an odd experience. Then as we were leaving Walmart, in a non-whisper, Cooper said, "This place smells like old people". He definitely takes after Misti that way.

2 comments:

adorable pearsons said...

old people with 11 fingers- eek! j/k! where is hunter's tag

Ludvigson Family said...

I'm with you that would be pretty wierd having some old person say that to you unexpectedly in the grocery store. I love Coops coment on how WalMart smells like old people!
Oh yah, I was going to tell you about the dresses. I own two of them the one I posted I bought in brown and red and I want to order the poka dot one in red and white. I guess I thought there was more selection because most of them come in more than one color. I saw them from a booth at Costco, they were priced less there too. But I tried on almost all of them (over my clothes) I loved a lot of them!