Saturday, November 8, 2008

New Adventure #1


I decided to number this adventure as I believe it will be the first of a few over the next couple of months. Cooper started at a new school last Monday. We were both quite anxious about it, but so far I'm very pleased with the change. First of all, their colors are blue & brown...how hip is that (by saying hip I might have just been knocked down a couple of cool points in your book...if I even had any remaining). Second, they have a mascot....a horse. I don't think his other school had one...maybe a paint palette or something.

A word about horses: I have a short horse thread in my history. My good friends, the Thares, had horses when I was young. One time we were riding in the pasture (I feel so Montanan right now) when my horse kept walking me into the tree overhang, which would sweep me off the very tall horse onto the very cold, hard ground. The first time I acted tough and got right back on again, but that horse wasn't done with me yet. The next time around the pasture he swept me off again....same tree overhang...come to think of it, why didn't I duck? Anywho, I grabbed my side and said my kidney hurt and that I lost my other kidney because of falling off a horse (a teensy, tiny white, blatant lie). I limped home. The Thares couldn't have friends on the horses anymore. Sorry Thares...all my fault! I've been bucked off a horse and a pony. Does it count as bucking off if you are taller than the pony and when you are "bucked", you never actually fall to the ground...you just slide off onto your own 2 feet?

Back to Siena. Third, I went to school with Cooper's new teacher and we graduated at the same time. He might be slightly younger than I am. He went through the same math program I did and his name is Mr. McMahan (pronounced Mick-Man)...how is that for a mnemonic device built right in your name? Lucky.

So, it's the start of something wonderful. At his parent teacher conference (2 days ago) the man did mention Cooper has high energy. I'm pretty sure that is code for hyper, but I'm going to pretend I don't know the code. On to the next adventure...high ho silver (car that is).

7 comments:

Mike and Kelli said...

Also-our good friends the Thares went on to tell me you lost your kidney because you fell off of a horse and I believed it for a loooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnng time (like maybe until last year-ish). Congrats Cooper and please keep us updated on all your adventures!

Ashley Wray said...

Misti told me about Cooper's teacher, I say good for you for putting him in a new school, and hello, blue and brown, that is so hip! You really can't go wrong there!
Love your Montana horse riding stories, too funny!

adorable pearsons said...

Poor Thares- way to ruin their horse back riding career. Yeah for Coops new school. I love blue and brown and will support the school colors with my wardrobe :)

E-llo said...

I am so glad you got him away from that horrible teacher! I have told a couple of people that story and they couldn't believe it! Plus, it's closer!
Getting close-lined on a horse...been there. Done that. Although, I did duck and hit my head and had a huge bruise. I think I would have rather fallen off.:)

Mike Lozano said...

Are you sure the former school's mascot wasn't Andy Warhol? I hate that guy.

Raquel Acevedo said...

Hey! Thank you for leaving a comment! Hunter is SO BIG! How are you?

LStevens said...

What ended up happening with the old teacher? crab woman!! ;-)
Glad things are going well for Cooper so far.