Saturday, November 29, 2008

Finally Twilight


Are you allowed to use flash photography in the theater? I was just wondering. No reason in particular.
Calie & I went to Twilight yesterday and we went into this movie the best way possible...absolutely, unequivocally, NO expectations. Pure entertainment. That is what we were seeking and that is what we found. Was it full of high class cinematography? Nope. Did Carlisle look like he was made from play dough? Yep. Did they serve this movie with cheese? Sure, but who doesn't like a little cheese now & then. I laughed out loud and I'm pretty sure Calie & looked at each other about 50 times with a half eye roll and a giggle or two, but we had a blast.
Some tips for New Moon:
  • You don't have to overtly squint your eyes to convey hatred
  • With make-up, less is better most of the time
  • If you flutter your eyes too often you are going to run into something
  • Football huddles don't make for convincing protection scenes

Honestly, I hope there is a New Moon movie.

ps. The next Harry Potter trailer was in the previews and I can't wait to see it. But I'll have to since it's coming out until July!

2 comments:

E-llo said...

I am glad you went in without expectations, because that is the best way! There are parts that are funny, which I don't think they intended. i.e. the Biology scene. Oh, well. The Harry Potter movie looks so good! I hope they keep the Ginny/Harry kiss the same as the book. It makes me laugh every time!
New Moon is going to be made and with a bigge budget, lets hope it's reflected in the final product. :)

Mike Lozano said...

HA HA HA HA! Now I wish I had gone with you guys to see this! Those are some great suggestions. Maybe for the next Harry Potter movie you can suggest that they not rip off any more Lord of the Rings ideas...and it wouldn't hurt to leave out that Potter kid also.