Thursday, September 13, 2007

Another one bites the dust

So, when my last crockpot passed on, Kurt & I went to Costco to see if they had any new models in. They had one model in stock, the Rival Stainless Steel 4 setting crockpot with mini crockpot, carrying strap, and free beautiful black spoon (ooh, aah). After a brief discussion (Kurt: I like it, do you? Leslie: Oh yeah!) Kurt grabbed the box, gently cradling it like the precious cargo it was (notice past tense) and bolted to the nearest, shortest check out counter.

When we got home, we pulled it out with all of its lovely, free (I'm sure not incorporated into the total cost) accessories and cooked our first meal in it. About the fourth time we used it (Tuesday), Kurt heard a loud POP. He didn't tell me though, I'm sure for the fear my heart would break. Yesterday he washed it and when I got home from school, he sat me down for a little chat. I couldn't believe it. It had cracked across the entire bottom. I think I have a disease: crockpotcrackitis...sounds scary. So, with heavy hearts, we loaded it back into the van today (not very gently) and returned it to it's maker (distributor, whatever). Since this model was still the only one at Costco, I am now crockpotless...a terrible state of being.

So, if you have a crockpot that you think can withstand the rigors of life in the Lott household, please respond to this post with a model name and number. I believe the cure for crockpotcrackitis is a good dose of sugar, so I'll be eating chocolate until I hear from you!

1 comment:

adorable pearsons said...

BOOOO- I would be devistated. I use my crockpot at least 3 times a week and I was planning on making my speacialties for you when I came....looks like its back to old fashion cooking- thanks a lot! My crock pot is a rival as well and it has served our little family very well. Maybe I will buy your crock pot when I come so it stands a chance of survival