Sunday, August 5, 2007

August 5, 2007

Another week has sped by and I am quickly starting to see summer dissolve. I've made some progress on the murder mystery party with the help of my cousin Calie and Hunter helped deliver some of the character parts. This week will consist of grocery and party good shopping on the budget of an unemployed household.

I met with my friend Sherri who I hadn't seen in probably 15 years. I took her on a tour of the BSU campus and we went to lunch. Boise also has the best candy store called Powells. You can find freshly made candy, current candy, and candy from years past. We made a very delicious stop there. Do you remember slapstick suckers? Well, I loved them as a child so I bought a few. That very night I ate one and it left me feeling very queasy. I guess I can't handle the same amount and types of candy I used to.

Hunter started driver's ed this week. I attended a parent's meeting Wednesday night where we watched a video made in the 80's, but for the most part it's message still applied to today. Drivers' Ed is super expensive, but worth it if it helps prepare a teenager to drive. Hunter had class for 3 hours on Thursday & Friday and has already had one driving session. I was out walking and saw him behind the wheel...scary. Luckily driving laws in Idaho have gotten more stringent, so it will be awhile before he actually has his license. More to come on this frightening adventure later.

Cooper & I went to a municipal pool yesterday called Ivy Wild. We met Sherri there. It was so much fun and is a really nice pool. There are a couple little waterslides for small children and then 3 waterslides for adults and good swimmers. Cooper had to take a little swim test to be able to use the big slide and he passed, so he was able to go down the fun, curvy slide. I was so proud of him. For some reason he didn't want to go do the slides with big drop offs at the end. For that matter, neither did Sherri. We both got a little sunburnt which just makes me mad at myself. I applied sunblock to both of us, but forgot to reapply. Luckily, Cooper doesn't really burn easy & it's tan the next day. On the other hand, I still have lobster skin in a few areas.

One of the funnest things I did this week has to do with the ladies in my family. My grandmother started a fictional suspense book. She wrote the prologue and the first chapter. Then, she sent it to my Mom who wrote a chapter. I received it next and finished my chapter last night. Writing after my mother & grandmother was incredibly intimidating. They are really good. Luckily, they aren't competitive and this is "just for fun". I've sent it on to my sister-in-law, Heidi. I know she will do a great job.

That's it for now. Until next week!

No comments: