Sunday, August 26, 2007

August 26, 2007

This week was crazy busy. I have to admit I love weeks like that as long as I get a break before I burn out. My friend Sherri's children came back from their summer with their Dad and Sherri still had a couple of days she had to work, so I watched Sam & Trey for her. Sam is 8 (same age as Coop) and Trey is 7. They were a lot of fun to have and kept Cooper entertained. I thoroughly enjoyed their conversation on the way back from the dollar show. It went something like this (picture these questions and statements bouncing randoming among the 3 of them): When do you think time started? Maybe the ice age. Well, how long is a century? A thousand years. No it's not. Mom, how long is a century? Well, the dinosaurs were the first animals on the earth so they must have started time. Wait, Adam and Eve were the first people on earth, so that must be when time started. No, the dinosaurs were before Adam and Even. Mom, who was first Adam & Eve or the Dinosaurs? This went on and on for the entire ride home.

Hunter earned his driving permit this week and now Kurt & I have to ride with him while he drives. So far, I haven't ridden with him once. He keeps insinuating that I don't trust him, but I told him it's the other people (buildings, mailboxes, small animals) that I don't trust. I know my time is coming.

I met my mentor teacher this week as well and I feel so blessed to have this woman as my guide. She is fantastic and was very warm and welcoming to me. I'll be interning & student teaching at a year round school, so they've already been in class for 3 weeks. It's a 5th grade classroom and the students were darling. I love the honeymood period!

Cooper & I decided to celebrate the end of summer in style and went to one of the municipal pools here. This pool has one slow moving, winding waterslide and two 10 foot drop off waterslides. Sherri & kids came with us and we had a blast. I asked Coop if he wanted to go off the scary (drop off) slides with me and he said, "no way!". Well, I was walking up to the slow slide and Sam said, "Cooper just went off the scary slide". Next thing I know, he is coming up the stairs and getting in line for it again. I caught him as we were heading up the stairs again and asked him why he decided to go down the slide. He said, "I just wanted to try it and, remember, I'm trying to conquer my fears!"

Last night, Mike & Calie (cousins) came over and we played ticket to ride and 90's trivial pursuit. The men ruled the evening with Kurt winning Ticket to Ride and Mike creaming us in 90's Trivial Pursuit. We had a great time! Now, it's back to school eve and I'm feeing quite nervous. I will be at Spalding all day Mondays & Wednesdays. I have classes at BSU Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Wednesday nights and I have to attend Spalding staff meetings for the math magnet portion of the school. So, this week I will be there all day Monday, Wednesday & Friday. I'm excited, nervous, and a little overwhelmed.

No comments: