Sunday, August 19, 2007

August 19, 2007

I think this past week is going to be the last semi-slow moving week in my foreseeable future. Time is speeding by and taking me with it. Hunter finished his driver's ed classes and has only 2 more drives to do before we have to put our lives in his inexperienced hands. Kurt or I have to ride with him for 40 more daytime hours and 10 more night time hours. I can't even begin to explain the terror that creeps into my soul when I think about being a passenger in the car of a child who still doesn't know how to do laundry. I'd much rather let him run some trials on our laundry! Oh well, I know it's necessary but it wouldn't hurt if you all kept us in your prayers for the next few months.

Speaking of Hunter, I have an announcement to make: He has a job!!! On Thursday he applied at Taco Bell. He interviewed Friday, was hired, and started work yesterday. Interestingly enough, they didn't realize he was only 15 when they hired him, but they decided to keep him on because he'll be 16 in 3 months. They have to adjust some of his hours until then. He looks very handsome in his button down, black Taco Bell shirt and Taco Bell baseball cap.

Kurt heard back from the job he really wanted and he didn't get it. He was so disappointed, but I know brighter times are headed his way. He was called to Scout Master in our ward (LDS church) today and will follow in the immense footsteps of his father. His dad's feet really aren't that big, I was just trying to make the point that Ben is scouter of the millenium or something like that.

Cooper has been much better these past couple of days. He hasn't fake fainted when I've asked him to do chores and he has just smiled when I've told him to quit yelling with food in his mouth. Usually a modest child, he has recently take up the sport of wearing only shorts. Many times in the past few days I have found him running around with his shorts hiked up well above his navel and nothing else covering his twiglike appendages. The other day must have been wear the reverse day because he had on a long sleeve shirt (about 90 degree weather) with just his underwear. I hope this trend ends before school starts or I'm getting called into the principals office!

I've just been driving Hunter wherever his heart desires, cooking, cleaning (all 4 toilets yesterday), and trying to get ready for school. Today has been very cool outside and it makes me excited for fall.

No comments: