Sunday, August 12, 2007

August 12, 2007

The first thing I want to do today is wish my niece Bostyn a Happy 3rd Birthday. Do weeks really fly by this fast? When I flipped to my August calendar at the end of July, there were only a couple of things written on it and I remember thinking, Yes! I still have some summer left. Now my August calendar is a collage of meetings, driver's ed, scouts, school orientations, etc. Luckily I thrive on routine, so as long as it's on the calendar I'm o.k.

This past week included lots of party finalities. Calie (my cousin) and I went to the party supply store which is very large and magically sucks money out of your wallet without you even knowing about it. We spent an afternoon organizing all the murdery mystery materials, leaving only a few things to do for the rest of the week. We split up the food duties and agreed to meet about4 hours before the party started. My sister Kelli agreed to come help us set up and manage the party even though they were just a few days away from moving. The party was a lot of fun. Fourteen teenagers showed up and after an involuntary moment of silence, they finally began to mingle, bribe, lie, and spy. I'll post a picture so you can see some of the great costumes the kids showed up in.

Also this week, Kelli & I took a scrapbooking class together. It was so much fun. None of the fun can be credited to the instructor who was busy telling us she was just there to inspire our creativity (didn't happen) instead of instructing us. It was fun because I was with Kelli and we could have fun at the dump. I'm going to miss her a ton (Mike & cutie-pie Gracie as well). Luckily, they are going to the only other place I would want them to be, Great Falls! It's only fair Jake, my grandparents, and my parents get to play with them too.

My cousin Jamie is attending the Paul Mitchell school of cosmetology here in Boise right now and they had a hair/fashion show on Wednesday I attended. I attended this show last year and it was held at the school. Jamie was a model in it then, but this time she designed the hair and outfit for a model of her choosing. The show was held at a place called The Venue. I think they should change the name to, "The pit of gloom and destruction". Seriously, it was a very dark, dirty, dingy place. Poor Jamie didn't know the show was also going to include amateur rock bands, which played 20 minutes of music between every 5-6 models. The music was loud and somewhat unintelligible. The highlight of the show was Jamie's model. Hands down, she looked the best and Jamie did an amazing job on her hair and makeup. I was very proud of her!

Another great part of this past week was the glimmer of hope we have had on our job hunt for Kurt. First, we got a call from a good friend of ours in Great Falls who told us to have Kurt apply for a job there. The next day Kurt set up an interview with the Great Falls guy and received a call for an interview for a state job here. He had both interviews Thursday. He would have had the Great Falls job, but the benefits would have cost us 40% of his paycheck, so it was a no go. Friday, Kurt got a call from the state job and he has a second interview tomorrow. 51 people applied for this job and 10 were able to interview the first time. If you pray, keep us in them because Kurt really wants this job. If he doesn't get it though, there are some others on the horizon.

Yesterday was party clean up day and I was able to relax a little. Last night Kurt & I went to the movie, The Bourne Ultimatum. It was my favorite in the series and I recommend it if you liked the other. If you made it through this whole thing, have a great week, I know I will!

No comments: