Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Little Miss Muffit







I'M NOT!!! There is no WAY I would let a spider sit beside me. I'd run as soon as I sensed movement in the distance. But, it's that time of year again and the spiders are revolting. They want to sit by me so bad. I must emit some kind of spider pheromone. In fact, today one HUGE spider made itself cozy in my bedroom. Truthfully, it's probably been there for awhile but that thought could keep me up for several nights so I'll just hope it's a new inhabitant.

Hunter's chores today included garbage and mowing the front lawn, but he was here when I saw the monster and, using my phobia against me, cut a deal. He trapped and removed the spider in exchange for postponement of mowing the lawn. What can I say? I'm weak, but the spider is gone!


10 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

I thought this might be a spider related post when I saw the title! I really think you've got something they like! Hunter has got some great negotiating skills, he definetly knows how to use them to his advantage!

Emily N. said...

You crack me up! I don't like spiders either, but the cunning nature of your son sure is amusing. :)

Atkins Family said...

Oh SICK! I got the heebie jeebies just looking at that picture. Now I am scanning my room for spidies. That one was HUGE! I would have cut any deal just to get that thing out too!

E-llo said...

That's one thing about Idaho this time of year. The spiders don't like the cooling weather either. Way to get out of mowing the lawn, Hunter.

Mike and Kelli said...

That is NASTY! Seriously, I felt my skin crawl when I saw this post. Thanks for passing on the yucky "spider crawling on my arm" feeling. And good job Hunter, next time throw in a trip to Great Falls.

Griffin Family said...

That sucker was HUGE!! I keep a can of Hot Shot in the kitchen. Rob is more afraid of spiders than I am, and I am deathly afraid of them. I've been so desprite to have a spider killed I asked some guys working in my yard to kill it, but they didn't understand english...

LStevens said...

Holy smokes, Les. That was gigantic. YUCK!!! I am glad that doesn't live in my house, or near my house or......... Hope all is well with each of you. Tell Kirk Happy Belated birthday from Jeff & Lisa and clan.

Lott said...

Lisa,

How can I get to your blog?

Leslie

Brie said...

Okay, so spiders don't scare me too much, but I'm sure that if I saw that one, it would have affected me a little. That's huge.

LStevens said...

I do not see your email on your blog, so you will have to email me, so I can invite you to my blog. Thanks for asking.
Lisa