Thursday, August 28, 2008

A study in contrasts




Mid-July (and a few times a week since): I can't wait for school to start.
August 21: Is it time to meet my teacher yet? Now is it? Shouldn't we leave now?
August 25 (1st day of school): After waking up 30 minutes early, "I can't believe this day is finally here. I love school. Can I go to the bus stop now?"
August 25 (after school): School was the best. I sit by my best friend and I got a bunch of rocks in my jar (?) and the teacher only made one boy cry although another student almost cried. Here's my organized binder and my homework for today.




Mid-July: Don't even mention school.

August 19: Do I have to go to registration? I can't believe summer is almost over. Quit talking about school.

August 25: Five minutes before school starts, rolls out of bed, throws on some semi-matching clothes, doesnt say a word, hangs his head and walks out the door.
August 25 (after school): Monosyllabic responses other than, "Cooper already has homework. That's stupid."


Happy 1st day of school!

4 comments:

Mike and Kelli said...

Teenagers are the best. It seems Cooper has inherited a certain type A school-loving personality that a certain sister of mine possesses. Happy first day of school boys!

Emily N. said...

I love the contrasts! Once again you are absolutely witty and hilarious on your blog. :) When will I ever develop that skill??

E-llo said...

It takes you back though doesn't it. When you start working summer jobs and can drive, the summer just flies by! I only wish that I could roll out of bed 5 minutes before I had to leave.

Ashley Wray said...

Got to love teenagers, I love the contrast between the 2, that is too funny! So did you find out who the pink little booties belonged too?