Friday, August 8, 2008

Even more scenic than we thought



I had heard my grandmother mention she would like to take a train ride & I had never ridden on a train, so I booked us 2 tickets on the Old West scenic trainride by Horseshoe Bend. There were 2 open cars and the rest were regular enclosed cars. I was so excited to take grandma and didn't tell her where we were going until right before we left.


Grandma got on before me and found us a seat in an open car, which was what we both wanted. We wanted to make sure we weren't riding backward. As we were waiting for the ride to begin, I noticed everyone around us were wearing swimsuits. Then I realized most were wearing Scentsy Company shirts or hats. I asked grandma if she thought we were going to go through water, but we didn't think so.


Then the train started to move...and we were going backward. DANG!! There was an engine on both ends. There was a wild west skit put on, but we didn't pay a lot of attention to. After some nonchalant eavesdropping, we realized the train went to a half way point and these other people would leave the train and raft back. It was then that our devious plan to take their seats hatched. On the way to the half point we heard several people say rafters were mooning the train. Near the end, I started to get motion sick, so I stood up. I SWEAR I wasn't trying to see what those others were talking about, but I sure did. It wasn't 30 seconds into my stand that a man on the beach dropped his drawers and played (as Cooper put it) his bum drums. EWWWW!


The way back was a lot more fun. We rode facing forward and on the side that the Payette River was on. And...no mooners. The best part: Grandma saved my life by killing a deadly spider that climbed aboard next to me. I would love to try a Murder Mystery train ride....without mooners or spiders.

7 comments:

Emily N. said...

What a great story! :)

Ludvigson Family said...

It sounds like you have had a great time with you grandma. I would love the Anne Frank Memorial. The quote you blogged is a great one. I don't know about the jail, but the train ride sounds like a fun adventure! You saw a little more then you bargained for. I love the phrase "butt drums"! Too funny, and gross.

Ashley Wray said...

Haha, sounds like you're grandma is your spider killing hero! What a fun thing to do, minus riding backwards and seeing an old man's rear!

Anonymous said...

sounds like you and your Gram are having alot of fun!

Susan F. said...

The train trip looks like lots of fun. Sign us up for a post-mission adventure!

E-llo said...

That sounds like so much fun! I need to do that sometime. At least you got a little music with that show.

Mike and Kelli said...

for that poor spider your train ride was the murder train ride, even though he booked a scenic train ride...good one he wants a refund...it was grandma in the locomotive with a hand. poor spider, just trying to enjoy the scenery it was probably a daddy long legs and leslie is like AAAHHH poison KILL IT!!! wow.