Friday, August 22, 2008

How old am I?




Today is Kurt's birthday and he deserves a huge party with grandiose gifts....but that isn't happening. Instead, we are having a fun family day, eating rich chocolate layered cake, looking at used vans, and watching The Closer.
Kurt is old. Let me clarify, Kurt is old enough that he can't remember how old he is. Yesterday I was prancing around telling him how is excited I was about his birthday and how I couldn't believe he is turning 41. His reply: Am I 41? How old is my mom? Hmmm...I can't remember.
Shoot...that is old. The thing about Kurt is he always thinks he is older than he is...so it's no fun to tease him. I'm so glad he has Friday's off so we can celebrate his birthday all day. I'm glad I married someone who is laid back and easy going most of the time to offset my craziness. I'm glad Kurt is the kind of person who wants to help others. I'm glad we have insurance...oh, I digress.
Happy Birthday Kurt! ps. Some advice to all you girls and women out there. Marry someone who is older than you...you'll always feel young. UNLESS..you're Kelli. Then, it doesn't matter because you look so young you could marry a 12 year old!

5 comments:

Emily N. said...

So true about Kelli! hee hee

Happy Birthday, Kurt!

Oh, and thanks for the ideas about my cane issue. LOL

Mike and Kelli said...

Oh man-good thing mike has a receding hairline so most of students think he is WAY older than me. Happy birthday Kurt! And thanks for the compliment Emily and Leslie.

E-llo said...

Happy Birthday, Kurt! Ryan's older than me, but only by 9 months. So, I can make fun of him but then it just makes me depressed because I know that I will turn the same age on my b-day.

Jason & Jennifer Lott said...

Happy Birthday!! We are excited to see you next weekend.

Ludvigson Family said...

Happy Birthday Kurt! Hey, after 30 I don't think b-days should count anyway.