Monday, September 29, 2008

Let's Dish




It was my cousin Calie's birthday last week, so we, the local (sometimes loco) ladies of the Curtis clan, went out to dinner. As is the often the case, we experienced a few things I'd like to dish about:
  • In the first picture, there's an older "gentleman" I secretly photog'd. Click on it to see him better. He looked harmless, but only for a moment. As Calie and I were waiting for Kati, he approached us. Looking at the gifts on my lap he said, "Is it someones birthday?". I told him it was Calie's at which point he began, in a normal voice, to sing her happy birthday. He got to the part where you would sing her name and stopped to ask her name...3 times. Then he put out his hand and she shook his. He turned for a millisecond before he whipped around to sing a little more and then he knuckle bumped her. The he kept saying Happy Birthday every few second. The waitresses finally were able to distract him and get us to a table. They apologized. Calie thought he was drunk. I thought he might have caught a touch of loco from us.
  • I invented a new word at dinner: thutt. I'll put it in context and let you guess what it means. I was so excited about my boy brief undies until I put them on and my thutt showed. Please don't be nasty or gross in your guess. It's a condition I've had almost my whole life. Also, please still be my friend.
  • One more thing. It didn't really happen at dinner, but when I was downloading the photos. If you ever want to see how many wrinkles you have, use Kodak editor and change your photo to a drawing. I looked awesome!

5 comments:

Candice said...

I hope you don't mind me linking to you from cjane, I also hope this is the first time I am contacting you, it is hard to keep track! I am trying to let people know about threads of love, a nie project I am starting, check it out at www.quilt4nie.blogspot.com or on her benefit blog. Thanks! Love, Candice

DJ Fairhurst said...

The point at which the back of your thigh (hamstring) meets your butt? If that is the case, I have a shelf thutt!

Lott said...

DJ~

You have the 2 areas of the body correct, but where they meet isn't exactly a "point".

adorable pearsons said...

I know what THutt is and I have it too...blah! Cute pic of Calie and her boyfriend :) Maybe you should have stuck out your thutts and scared him away, that is what I would've done!

E-llo said...

I would like to know why the thutt came into play. Were you dining at a place in which you see thutts. I hope not. I begin to worry about whether or not it is safe to eat the food. Cute pictures! Weird guy!