Sunday, May 4, 2008

May 4, 2008


A year ago I was getting ready to attend Mike & Kelli's graduation and beginning to realize how little time I had left. Over the past few years I would often have people say, "You're about done...right?" I would have to reply, with a forced half-grin on my face, "No, I still have __ (fill in the blank) semester's to go." A look of utter shock would roll across their features. I could almost see them calculating my age and how long they thought I had been in school. Well, ask me that question again and the answer will be a resounding YES!
This is my last week of student teaching, which I've been a little sad about. My eyes even leaked a bit...I'll have to get that checked out. Then, on the 17th, I'll put on my little black suit, walk toward the stand, most likely trip up the stairs, and wave to my adoring fans as I accept my blank diploma holder.
I've also been blessed with a new twist in my future. I've been offered a part-time grad assistantship and have accepted. So now I begin my Master's degree quest and it will paid for. I'll definitely miss being in the classroom, but am thrilled to start this new adventure. Hopefully in 2 years I'll be graduating with a degree in Educational Technology.
Not to sound corny, but I want to thank my family and friends who have really supported and encouraged me in this adventure. It meant a great deal to be able to complain and celebrate when needed.
Please hope I don't trip up the stairs...that's a real possibility!

4 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Congrats Leslie! That is such a great accomplishment! Seriously, the feeling of being finished is amazing! Good for you going for your Masters (and even better that it's paid for!) I always said someday I'd get mine, but I'm thinking that someday is going to be a long ways away!

Jason & Jennifer Lott said...

Yeah!!! I knew you would get there sooner or later. I also figured you would find a way to stay in school a little longer, I knew you couldn't give up being a student. We are really excited for you!!

Ludvigson Family said...

Congratulations! What an accomplishment that is. I am so proud of you for sticking with it. That is great you are going for your masters. How can you turn down free education!

ejnorton said...

Biggest congrats, Leslie! You have worked so hard and so long on this that you should enjoy every last minute of the celebrations. I hope your adoring fans cheer wildly at the festivities. :)

You rock!