Sunday, May 11, 2008

May 11, 2008







Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are mothers, grandmothers, aunties, sisters, and those who help our children when we aren't around. I'm so grateful for the mothers in my life and for all they have done for myself and my family. My grandmother is so much fun to be around. She continues to be a caretaker to my grandfather and it can be a physical, emotional roller coaster. She is an avid reader, always has a book on hand. She is very generous and if you actually grew warts for every person you worried about, she would have a million. (luckily, this is not the case) I wish I lived closer to her, but she a techno grannie as well...so I get to IM her when I need my grandma fix.
We've never lived closer than a few hours away from my mother-in-law. Linda has a degree in nursing and her love of health has been a common thread throughout the time I have known her. She is open to both traditional and holistic healing. She is also a great genealogy adventurer and is continuing to explore this horizon in her life. She can keep plants alive. This baffles me as I'm the queen killer of all things green. She has a knack for it and I believe Kurt does too. Linda has had to deal with more extremely difficult circumstances than almost anyone I know and I admire her ability to keep a grander perspective about our mortal existence.
My mom is on her way her...right now..and I can't wait to see her. I can sit in a room with my mother and all we need is each other to be entertained. She has a great many qualities I wish I had and I continue to learn from her as I try to improve upon on my own weaknesses. My mother is one of the most compassionate people I know. She has the ability to listen and, if asked, give advice and guidance to anyone who needs it. Many people don't know this, but she has a terrific sense of humor. She is married to my Dad...what choice does she have? She is also a forgiving person, a quality I believe is often overlooked in this world. She treats my children with a sweet tenderness that all children deserve to be shown.
As you can see, I have so much to be thankful for with the strong women who surround me, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. I had to summarize and, thank your lucky stars, I didn't tell you about all my sisters and sisters-in-law!!! Happy Mothers Day!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love your gram and mom so much they are wonderful people. I don't know your mother in law but if she is anything like Kurt she is a great person. Happy Mothers Day to you

Ashley Wray said...

Hoope you had a great Mothers Day as well! Your mom is one great lady, I must agree with you on that! And yes, I'm totally up for another 5K (maybe after this baby is out) but that would be so fun! Now we just need Misti to get herself to Idaho!

Ludvigson Family said...

happy day after Mothers Day to you! I love your mom. She is such a great woman, and so calm and sweet. Tell her Hi for me!