Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Pre-Celebration

It's been hot here. Very hot. The kind of hot that makes your belly button sweat. About a week and a half ago, I taught my last day with my 5th graders. It was hard to say goodbye to them, but I have made sure to see them a couple more times since. They each made me a goodbye card and when I have time I'm going to scan & post them because they are HILARIOUS.

That evening began my weekend of mad cleaning. I spent 3 hours that night cleaning in Cooper's room where I found the following: 5 partially eaten cookies, a plate under his bed with dried apple peels on it, something pink and very sticky adhered to the wall & carpet, about 80 stuffed animals, a trail of crumbs every spider in this universe is currently trying to track, and a TON of books...stuffed everywhere. I won't mention the unseemly things.

The next day I cleaned Hunter's room in a mere 5 hours. Here was some of the loot I came across: a stack of plastic cups, a plate of cookies, 2 bags of hard candy, 1 box of illegal firecrackers, about 8 pocket knives and 2 random unattached blades, a "masters club" document, birthday cards from a couple of years ago, 100 little green air soft pellets, and a trillion books and magazines and random nasty papers. I also cleaned their bathroom and it would be obscene of me to share some of the things I found, but I will tell you one thing: a half eaten miniature reeses peanut butter cup smeared in the corner of the tub. I smelled it to make sure!

I have so much more to share...but in little doses!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am not looking forward to those days when i have to clean there rooms and they are old enough to do it them selfs.

adorable pearsons said...

Wow- you actually smelled brown smeared stuff that was in your tub- you win the Mom of the Year Award!

Griffin Family said...

Good job on the cleaning! You really got down and dirty! I'm not looking forward to spring cleaning...

Ludvigson Family said...

Wow! You've been busy with the cleaning. great job.