Thursday, July 31, 2008

With a Story to tell



My grandma is here and she didn't come alone. She brought her trusted friend...adventure. She almost made it to my house without a phone call, but that last turn took her in the wrong direction so she called and I went to get her. Upon arriving, I noticed a huge piece of cardboard adhered by duct tape adorning the place where one of her windows used to be.
Adventure #1: About 16 miles or so outside of Great Falls one of those incredibly odd coincidences happened. At the very moment she was on a very specific stretch of highway, so was a state mower...mowing the excess grass and weeds. And, at that very moment, the mower flipped a rock or something which happened to strike my grandma's window..shattering it into the vehicle. Had it been a moment sooner..it could have been disastrous. She turned around at the nearest exit, where they took her name & info and temporarily fixed her window. Did she turn around? Did she sulk and moan? Did she give up? NO! She drove all the way to Boise with her flapping, vibrating cardboard window.
Adventure #2: After hearing of her harrowing rock experience, we headed to my house. She followed me closely, but drivers around here will wedge in with little room to spare and this is exactly what a HUGE red truck did...blocking her from seeing me. As I passed the side street right before ours, I looked into my rear view mirror to see my grandma following another little blue car onto that street. Uh oh! I turned on our street and went the back way to get her but by the timeI got there...she had vanished. I looked down the main road and couldn't believe my eyes. She was a LONG way down the road, driving just as fast as everyone else . Coop & I sped after her and almost a mile later she passed us going the opposite direction...still speeding along. Luckily she heard me honk and we were able to make it the rest of the way to my house with no further incidents.
Cooper drew a little picture on the sidewalk and luckily a grandma with the last name Curtis made it!

5 comments:

Ludvigson Family said...

Go Grandma Curtis! That is quite an adventure in getting to your house. I love Cooper's sign. Too funny.
ps
Your family reunion looked fun. I love watching home videos. Talking about it makes me realize I need to take more video.

adorable pearsons said...

Loved Coops sign- so funny! Go Grandma Go! Way to be so brave. I hope you guys are having fun! And I promise if you come to Billings no big rock will hit you:)

Keidi02 said...

We get grandma next!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am that she is ok that is so scary! Tell her hello and hope you have fun with Gram.

E-llo said...

What an adventure. I would have turned around after the rock. Crazy Boise/Meridian drivers. Don't they know?!