Sunday, August 30, 2009

Routine..new & old

What do frantically shopping for jeans that will fit Cooper, buying a pair of jeans for Hunter in the hopes he will wear them at least once, and traversing retail establishments looking for that last elusive pencil case have in common? It's school time again and it's bigger and better than ever.

Hunter is a senior. I think some dust just flew in my eyes. How can it be? This I know for sure: Senioritis is a real ailment and Hunter is stricken with it. On his first day of school, hold on tight people because this is going to come as a huge shock to you, he wore basketball shorts. The shorts are new. The shoes are new (as usual). The shirt...is old. He's just that kind of kid.

Cooper enters the 5th grade and we were able to enroll him in a school near my job. He has been belly aching about getting back to school all summer and I'm fairly certain he couldn't have waited a second more. He wore his new jeans and hoodie, but the shirt is older. Taking after his older brother, he'd decided the more shiny the shoe, the better.

I'm back in school with a double dose. I began my fantastic job as the Technology Instructional Coach at East Middle School and I started my new semester at BSU. I know I'm still in the honeymoon stage of my job, but I LOVE it. I move fast, really fast. Lunch lasts 10 minutes at the most. My tasks are diverse. Unfortunately, the glitz of my job has overshadowed my normal love of my grad classes. I'm delving deep to find some motivation.

Kurt, Cooper & I ride to our various locations together every day while Hunter heads to seminary (early morning for the 1st time). Gracie peeked her bright eyed head out for a goodbye on the 1st day as well. My busy life was just amped up and hopefully we, as a family, can rise to the challenge.


3 comments:

Brie said...

I'm so excited for you and I hope the honeymoon period doesn't go away all year long!

Susan F. said...

What fun to see the boys getting ready for school- in our home. We are so happy you are there.

Hunter said...

I am pretty awesome that way.