Monday, August 3, 2009

I cannot believe it is August and, oh, how things have changed!



Sometimes, when I'm writing posts for the blog, I wonder if I'll ever be able to come up with something interesting to write about again (interesting to me at least). What I have found is I have a lot more to write about the more frequently I write because the longer I wait the more experiences dissipate and become an unmanageable mess. So today is a fresh start with a rewind beginning.

REWIND: July ended on a high. I'm officially employed which means I'm excited, nervous, anxious, relieved and very busy. My job title: Technology Instruction Coach. Can you imagine a better job? When technology and creativity combine, the possibilities are endless.

I finished my summer classes. This summer marks the end of me ever taking classes full-time again. I'll take one this fall. ONE. It seems strangely fabulous.

I went to Moodle Boot Camp. I love saying that because people either pretend they know what I'm talking about and just nod and say "uh huh" or they ignore me and swiftly change the topic of conversation.

I went to the pet and doll parade with my sister, Laura and kids in tow. If you don't have this type of parade, it's where children can get dressed up and/or dress up their animals or dolls and be in a parade. It adorable.



July also signified the end of summer for Hunter. He has basically been gone the entire month working. It's great because he is never anywhere he can really spend the money he is earning. Sadly, his car broke as well.

Another incredible event occurred in the Fairhurst commune in July. My sister Kelli joined me in my current decade..the 30's. I'm on my way out and she is just starting the journey. My sister Misti and my grandma and some wonderful friends surprised her with a chocolate party.





TODAY: There was so much more that happened in July, but it's already fading away. So let's talk today. Today I went to the doctor's office to get a TB shot for the school district. While I was there I was able to hear a man tell about recently getting bit by a rattlesnake and having to walk miles to his vehicle afterward. He said you don't die, it's just very painful. Is that true? I don't plan on testing his theory. I don't really believe it anyway...I think he just got lucky.

I also had to go to the County Superintendent to get an official seal on my MT teaching license. I was SO happy I was able to walk right past the incredibly long line at the motor vehicle dept to the one lone stall for the Superintendent. It was worth all the glares and hateful glances.

Did you know it's Beanie Baby time at McDonalds? Cooper is well aware of it, so today I ordered myself a happy meal so he would get 2 little goodies. Is that against some McDonald rule or something? I did feel a tidge guilty about it.

For the next 2 days I have more Moodle training here in town and then I'm off to the Lott reunion this weekend and to see my sister Misti & her family. I have one more wish floating loudly through the universe and that is hoping my house will sell. And it will.

4 comments:

Susan F. said...

You have had an unbelievably busy summer- full of changes and amazing blessings! We miss you. Thanks for keeping us updated.

adorable pearsons said...

I must go to bed now, after reading about your July...whew, you've been busy! Maybe I won't complain about not having a life anymore :) We're excited for you to come!

Ashley Wray said...

Glad to hear an update and that you guys are doing well! So exciting about your job, but I'm one of those people that would totally act like I knew what you were talking about when you mentioned "Moodle Boot camp"....I have no clue! Sounds like you guys have been busy!

Lynette said...

Wow--busy busy busy! It's nice to hear what you've been up to, now that you are not just a 5 minute drive or a local phone call away. :( Miss you! Here's to hoping that house will sell...soon!