Monday, December 15, 2008

Ode to my Desk


Desk. Oh Desk. Where art thou my trusty companion?

I glimpse thee here and there, yet never fully exposed. (eww..that sounded a little naughty)

My daily log lies neatly upon thy blackened, dusty back.

Partially addressed Christmas cards are solemnly protected.

What is that I see? An application for future employment possibility?

Alas, my graduate plans are nestled beneath the fondest transcripts of my past.

And the fondest of my kin and non-kin alike trapped within the bindings of green.

Never hast thou gone unadorned by the fairest young lad of the castle.

Thou has kept my greatest secrets though cluttered they may be.


What would my days become without thee? Yet, I wouldst approve of tidying.

1 comment:

Untypically Jia said...

Hi, I wanted to leave a special message to all the readers that stopped by and participated in Modern Molly Mormon's Anniversary Week Celebration. I also noticed that you have linked to Modern Molly Mormon on your sidebar, and I want to thank you for that. We're always grateful for our readers and encourage you to come back often, comment so we can visit you as well. Also, don't forget to check out the Modern Molly Forums!