Thursday, October 2, 2008

Greatest Brother in Action Award


My first "Greatest Brother in Action Award" goes to Kevin (I think I need a better picture of you...sorry). All of my brothers are fabulous and I could spend hours on end with them, but Kevin wins this oh-so-special award because of something he did just the other day. You see, Cooper wants to be a wizard for Halloween, but finding a cloak that didn't cost 2 kidneys and a lung was proving impossible. Last week, I was struggling with an intense school project when Kevin popped up to visit on instant messenger. The conversation turned to Halloween and I explained my cloak plight to him.


Within seconds, a link appears. Unbeknownst to me, I'm related to Nigerian Royalty and if I just send him some $$, he'll be able to send me my right deserved and earned fortune. Just kidding, the link was to the Spokane Craigslist site where a cloak, in Cooper's size, was for sale for $10 (which I can easily afford once I get some of that Nigerian money). I told Kevin it looked good and he called the gal. Within 20 minutes, he went to her house, bought the cloak, and mailed it to Cooper. He was thrilled. What kind of brother spontaneously eases a little stress in his sister's life? My kind of brother. This time, it was Kevin...to be specific. Thanks Kevin!

ps. Please don't tell our other brothers my exact wording to you that day. Let's be diplomatic!





5 comments:

Ludvigson Family said...

What a good brother you have! i was looking for cloaks last year and they are super expensive, you lucked out on such a great find!

Mike and Kelli said...

Way to go Kevin! And I must agree we do have really great brothers. Jake brought me lunch today from Quiznos. Yum!

Anonymous said...

i don't know if it is just me but way back when your brothers were so MEAN to me. or maybe they just have growing up. its pretty hard not to be a wonderful person with the parents and great family you all have. i am so happy that i got to live by you all.

Keidi02 said...

I do not recall any of this occuring. I am sick of everyone trying to make me look soft. And, by the way, what is wrong with that picture!

Mike and Kelli said...

Kevin-You might look a teeny tiny bit like Toby in that picture. :)