Monday, October 6, 2008

Enlightenment

By far the highlight of my weekend was sitting in my pj's absorbing General Conference. Sometimes, I need reminding. And sometimes, I need encouragement. And often, I need guidance. So, I'd like to post some of my favorite remarks from this past weekend.

  • Establish a residence in Zion and give up your summer cottage in Babylon

  • In righteousness there is great simplicity!

  • You don't know everything, but you know enough. (I'd like to add "so get to work")

  • Fear and faith cannot exist in our hearts at the same time

  • Despair drains all that is vibrant, pollutes the soul.

  • The things we have hope for leads to faith. The things we have hope in leads to charity.

  • Come what may and love it

  • The way we react to major adversity can determine the happiness in life.

  • It is by faith angels appear unto man

  • Forgiveness in Mandatory!

1 comment:

DJ Fairhurst said...

One of my favorites was President Uchdorf's advise to avoid coveting crowns or caves (seeking positions or avoiding callings) in the Priesthood session.