Friday, June 6, 2008

Vacation? I think not!





Kurt's parents came to visit for about a week and a half, but there was a lot more work and a small amount of visiting going on. Maybe Ben (Kurt's Dad) is a workaholic or maybe he is just a guy who can't sit still, either way we were the lovely recipients of this trait. My once scrapbook/storage room has now been transformed into a food storage room. Unfortunately, I still need to go through everything and actually get stuff on the shelves.
I don't have a picture, but I'll take one soon. He also built a garden area wall in the backyard for me to garden, but that means I have to do a little prep work. Yesterday I went out back to shovel dirt when I hit a swarming ant colony. I kept shoveling until I felt a little bit on my ankle. Ant's bite. What are ants good for anyway? Well, they got what was coming to them. I went inside and got my kill-ant-save-garden powder and went to town. Then, I came inside to wait for it to work. Meanwhile, I had the ant heeby jeebies. My compassion for ants is almost non-existent at this point.
Ben & Kurt also fixed our leaky downstairs windows. I'm so happy about it because it was something we have been living with since we moved into this house. It is so nice not to have old towels sitting under the windows now. Especially because this is one rainy summer so far.
While Ben worked outside, Linda worked on computer stuff and paperwork for their house and all sorts of other things. She also entertained Cooper for hours...or was it the other way around. We played some mexican train and she set up a blog...although I haven't seen a post yet. Anyway, maybe next time we'll get a little more visiting in...although I doubt it.

2 comments:

Ludvigson Family said...

Wow, it sounds like you got a lot accomplished this week. I completely feel the same way about those stinking ants. We get them in the house here sometimes, they are such pests, Tyra got bit by one and is absolutely terrified of the things now. Kind of funny since she is a gazillion times bigger than them.

Ashley Wray said...

Hooray for getting things done, but I hear you, it's exhausting! I just wonder how people whos inlaws/parents never come to visit get anything done?