Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A moment in Montana























Cooper and I zipped up to Montana for a few days. Our mission was twofold: 1st, surprise my dad for his retirement party and, 2nd, see my grandpa who has been very ill. We were successful on both accounts. My dad's party was a blast. There were 7 Guard members retiring and well over 500 people attended. My dad did a little lip sync for my Mom and Kevin, Jake, Kelli & I did a few skits to roast him.


My grandfather still isn't doing well, but I'm so glad I got to see him. I wish I could put life on pause and just stay up there for a few weeks. I will be back soon though. My grandma has been one amazing caretaker through all of this, but I know it's been extremely difficult for her.



I was lucky enough to be in MT when Kevin & his family were, so I was able to reconnect with Ashton (best hugs ever) and Chloe (Energy enough for all of us). Chloe is in the 2nd photo. Also, I was able to be there for Molly's baby blessing. She is beautiful and such a sweet little thing. I also posted a photo of Kalea. All of my nieces and nephews, on both sides, are adorable, gorgeous, handsome. I have many people who can back me up on that statement.
On my way back, I drove through 2 snow storms...in June. Then, Kelli told me she woke up to snow this morning. It BETTER be warm when I go back...or else!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you do have so cute nieces and nephews. I will be in GF the 4th of July will you be there?

E-llo said...

What a cute family you have there. The weather is gonna warm up down here. Today nice and 70's and then the 80's from here on out. I am ready for summer, how about you? Sorry about the weather you had to drive in, that sucks!

Emily N. said...

Such a fun trip! Are your parents going on a mission sometimes soon?

I'm glad you got back safe--especially with the snow. Don't you just love Montana??