Sunday, June 15, 2008

June 15, 2008




I'm broken today and I'll never fully be recomposed again, not in my lifetime. A beautiful part of me left this world yesterday. My grandfather is free, free from pain and limitation. Reunited with those who have missed him as much as I do now. My mind understands that, it really does, but my body reacts to my heart and I selfishly still want him here. I need him to tell me how pretty I look and ask me to go dancing. I need him to help me beat the pants off our pinochle opponents. I need to be able to hold his hands and feel his goodness which he naturally emitted. I'm lucky; I'm blessed. He changed me for the better. We had experiences together that are so dear to my soul. I love him. I'm broken, but he is whole.

8 comments:

Emily N. said...

What a beautiful tribute. I am glad that you got to see him recently. My thoughts are with you, and may you find peace and even joy in knowing our Heavenly Father's plan.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. He was a wonderful person and I am so glad that I got to know him and live by him. May He Rest in Peace. Love NIki

Shannon said...

That was a very nice tribute. I'm sorry for your loss, but you're right, he has got to be SO happy. That was so great you got to visit with him a lot, especially these past few weeks.

Ashley Wray said...

I was so sorry to hear about your grandpa from Misti. What nice memories you have of him and some adorable pictures! So glad that you got to see him a few weeks ago, hope everything goes well this week.

Griffin Family said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. He truly was one of the kindest men I have ever met.

Ludvigson Family said...

So sorry to hear about you grandpa. What a beautiful tribute. You are so good with words. So glad you were able to see him so recently before he passed.

E-llo said...

I am sorry about your grandfather. That was a really nice tribute to him. I was really close to my grandfather as well and was broken when he passed away. One thing, I always feel him with me as I am sure you will feel your grandfather as well.

Jason & Jennifer Lott said...

We are sorry to hear about your grandfather.