Saturday, June 20, 2009

Oh Wo!


Wisdom teeth. The troublemakers of one's mouth. Prior to moving, our fantastic friend & dentist offered to remove the last 3 of Hunter's wisdom teeth. Hunter was up for it, so off he went. I think he would have dragged his feet a bit more if he knew what was coming.

The tooth pulling went as fine as could be expected. This was about 10 days before we moved. Hunter lumbered down to the basement to recover in his cave. The first few days, he managed the discomfort with the X-men Trilogy and vicodin. Monday, things took a turn for the worse (we moved that Saturday). He was in so much pain, but couldn't miss any school because he had to finish out his semester early.

He looked miserable and was barely holding it together. Tuesday he walked in from school & wept (which he never does) because the pain was too much. We took him back to the dentist to find out he had 2 dry sockets. Figures. Hunter is the man of many strange anomalies. For the next 3 days he went in every day to get the holes packed and then would rest. Needless to say, he couldn't help much with the move but I'm so happy he was almost healed by the time we headed out and now we don't have to worry about that issue any more.

2 comments:

Brie said...

I feel his pain. Pulled teeth are no fun...and the last thing you want is someone to take a picture of you with your mouth all swollen. :)

Mike Lozano said...

When I had my teeth pulled I took it like a man! I also needed my pudding.